Protecting your Privacy:
iBCRT regards your privacy important to us and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that if you have subscribed to receive notification of web-site updates; your e-mail address will remain confidential. iBCRT complies with all applicable privacy laws, including the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
Types of information that we collect and hold:
The type of information that we typically collect and hold will vary depending on our relationship with you. These relationships are generally categorised as:
1. CANDIDATES – include all individuals who approach us, or who are engaged by us in the process of seeking or performing work with us or our clients;
If you are a candidate we collect your personal information as reasonably necessary for us to determine your suitability for work with us or through us.
1.1 Types of information we collect
The main types of personal information we collect about you as a candidate are:
- Your name and contact details, including your address, email address and phone numbers;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Information in your cover letter, resume and application forms including your skills, qualifications, work history, references, goals and interests;
- Details of your work rights in Australia and other countries;
- Your tax file number and superannuation details;
- Information documenting your work history with or through us (including bank account details, salary, work performance information and salary sacrifice documents);
- Aptitude assessment results;
- The results of police checks, working with children checks or other background checks;
- Medical reviews or assessments of you; and
Other information that you, your referees or our clients provide to us, including personal feedback and notes of our interactions with you and/or others in relation to your suitability for work with us or through us.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It includes information or an opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time); and
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
We do not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the APPs. Sensitive information will, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
1.2 How your information will be collected:
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with one of our staff members. At this time you will complete our registration paperwork or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of your work rights status;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- You provide us with any additional information about you
1.3 Use of your personal information:
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
- To undertake directly or through agent criminal reference checking with relevant government agencies;
- Payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment;
- Follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
Our identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- To tell you about the other services that we may provide; and
- Ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing.
1.4 Disclosure of your information:
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of iBCRT;
- Other members of iBCRT, clients and third party service providers and suppliers located at our worldwide locations
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- Our insurers;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status;
- A designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities; and
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
2. CLIENTS – include all individuals/companies who we deal with for the purpose of providing recruitment solutions and services for their business.
If you are our client we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the best recruitment solutions for you and your business needs.
2.1 Types of information we collect:
The main types of information we collect about you as our client are:
- Your contact details including your address and telephone numbers;
- Details of your job title/description and organisational needs; and
- Records of our interaction with you and confidential feedback you may give us regarding our candidates.
2.2 How your information will be collected
If you are a client the ways in which we collect information about you are when:
- We meet you or communicate with you in any way; or
- When you provide your opinion or feedback regarding one of our candidates.
2.3 Use of your personal information
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about clients is typically used for:
- Client and business relationship management;
- Recruitment functions;
- Marketing services to you;
- Statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements; and
- Risk management.
3. REFEREES – include all individuals who we contact in evaluating our candidates’ capabilities and suitability for employment.
If you are a referee we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to determine a candidate’s suitability for work with us or through us.
3.1 Types of information we collect:
The main types of information we collect about referees are:
- Your contact details including your address and telephone numbers; and
- Details of your job title/description; and
- Your confidential opinions about a candidate and their suitability for work with or through us.
3.2 How your information will be collected:
If you are a referee the ways in which we collect personal information about you are when:
- A candidate provides us with your contact details and informs us that you have consented to such collection; and
- When we take notes of our dealings with you including your opinions of the suitability of a candidate for work with or through us.
3.3 Use of your personal information
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about referees is typically used for:
- To confirm identity and authority to provide references;
- Candidate suitability assessment;